Being Saved and Sure of It!
- Some suggest
that they may some how pay for sin or erase it themselves, by some religious function
(Baptism, Confirmation, The Lord's Supper, a Sacrament, etc.), removing the necessity to be saved or born again and miss punishment in the lake of fire and brimstone.
Maybe you could pay for your sin
and not have to
go to the
Lake of Fire
The Bible - Book of Revelation - Chapter 20 - Line 10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone,
where the beast and the false prophet are,
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
The Bible - Book of Revelation - Chapter 20 - Line 15
"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Some have offered to ...
* Possibly pay for sin by being extra Good
"Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you"
* Possibly pay for sin by joining a Church or Temple or Religious
* Possibly pay for sin by being Baptized
* Possibly pay for sin by receiving Confirmation
* Possibly pay for sin by telling God you are sorry, some act of
* Possibly pay for sin by receiving Forgiveness directly from God
or through a Confessional or by a Confessor
But God says ...
there is ONE way to pay for sin ...
(or payment) of sin is death"
The Bible - Book of the Acts of the Apostles - Chapter 6 - Line 23
The "Wages" or Payment for sin is Death!
* The 1st Death - Death of the Body, and ...
* The 2nd Death - Death of the Soul forever in the Lake of Fire
Sin CAN be paid for, but ...
* it takes the Death of the Body
* it takes the Death of the Soul
with an eternity of Punishment
in the Lake of Fire
In other words, the only way we can pay for sin is to die, then go
down to the lake of fire and spend eternity there.
Now we are back where we started, no way out.
What should be done?
| Previous Slide | First Slide | Next Slide |